St Croix Tissue is committed to developing and promoting partnerships both in our community and our industry. Sustainable development can be achieved only through valuable partnerships, and St. Croix Tissue will continue to work to find relevant businesses, NGOs, institutions, and citizens with which to establish partnerships.
- Jobs for Maine Graduates™JMG™ is an independent, statewide not for profit organization that partners with public education and private businesses to offer results-driven solutions to ensure all Maine students graduate, attain post-secondary credentials and pursue meaningful careers. It services more than 10,000 students annually in 140 programs throughout the state. St. Croix Tissue has partnered with two JMG programs in schools local to our manufacturing facility, with the goal of providing students with skills and insights into what is needed in today’s workforce and what opportunities exist locally. Through mock interview activities, tours, and internship opportunities, St. Croix Tissue looks forward to growing our relationship with JMG and strengthening the skills of Maine graduates. To learn more about Jobs for Maine Graduates™, please visit https://www.jmg.org/.
- Washington County Community CollegeWCCC operates in a community adjacent to our manufacturing facility and enrolls approximately 450 students in its one-year certificate and two-year degree programs. It not only provides education in the region; it also serves as a community and economic development resource for Washington County. WCCC has been an integral partner for St. Croix Tissue since 2015, before the company’s start of production. The college has developed degree programs to fit the employment needs of the tissue industry, has provided space and resources for training employees and offers leadership workshops for our leadership team multiple times a year. St. Croix Tissue looks forward to continued partnership with WCCC, strengthening the skillset of potential and current employees in our region. To learn more about Washington County Community College, please visit https://www.wccc.me.edu/.
- University of Maine Pulp & Paper FoundationThe UMPPF exists to financially support and prepare well-educated engineering students for careers in the pulp and paper and allied industries. As a corporate member, St. Croix Tissue takes part in the fall recruitment of UMPPF students, providing them useful interview experience and summer internships or co-op positions to enhance their educational skillset. St. Croix Tissue also relies heavily on UMPPF students for new engineering graduate hires. To learn more about the UMPPF, please visit https://mainepulpaper.org/
- Maine Forest Products CouncilSince 1961, MFPC has represented the broad spectrum of our state’s diverse forest products community, including logging contractors, sawmills, pulp and paper mills, biomass energy facilities, pellet manufacturers, furniture manufacturers, and the owners of more than eight million acres of commercial forestland in Maine. St. Croix Tissue and its sister company Woodland Pulp provide representation to chair the Pulp & Paper Environmental Committee of the Maine Forest Products Council and are active members of the Council. We look forward to continuing to collaborate with the MFPC to ensure that Maine’s working forests and allied industries develop sustainably and exist for years to come. To learn more about the Maine Forest Products Council, please visit https://maineforest.org/.
- Totally-Trades-Logo-2017Totally Trades! conferences are organized by New Ventures Maine and occur throughout the state to encourage female 8th grade and high school students to consider careers in fields traditionally dominated by men. These hands-on workshops give girls the opportunity to explore careers in trades and technology fields. St. Croix Tissue is proud to both be a sponsor for and present a workshop at the Totally Trades! conference held in Washington County. New Ventures Maine helps people all over Maine by offering tuition-free programs for career, business, and financial education. As an employer with a 30% female workforce, St. Croix Tissue looks forward to growing our relationship with Totally Trades! and strengthening the skills of female students in Maine. To learn more about Totally Trades! and New Ventures Maine, please visit https://newventuresmaine.org/programs/build-your-career/totally-trades-2/.